It was a Friday night and you decided to hit the town. Lucky for you, Santa Monica is filled with trendy restaurants, such as Melisse, Valentino, and JiRaffe. You dressed to the nines, grabbed a cab with your friends, and arrived at your destination.
As you made your way through the beautiful people, you tripped on a rug and ended up crashing on your tailbone. Along with feeling extremely embarrassed, you also felt a severe amount of pain. After a trip to St. John’s Health Center, you discovered your tailbone was fractured. But could you have another life-threatening condition you don’t know about?
Slip and Fall Accident Victims Are Prone to Developing Blood Clots
A silent killer of many injury victims is the small, but lethal, blood clot. Staying sedentary due to your fractured tailbone puts you at risk to develop the tiny clot, which could work its way into your heart, lungs, or brain and cause death. You may have a clot if you develop any of these symptoms:
- Fatigue. Experiencing general fatigue is quite common. Your body’s defenses are working overtime and sapping your energy. Feeling extremely tired for no apparent reason could be a sign of a blood clot.
- Swelling. Blood clots can cause swelling in the legs or arms, depending on where they are located.
- Prominent veins. The vein in which the blood clot traveled through or is lodged in typically becomes more prominent and visible through the skin.
- Pain. Pain or tenderness in your legs or arms when you stand, walk or otherwise use them is often a sign of a clot.
- Discoloration. The clot may cause discoloration of the skin in the area it is located.
- Warmth. The spot where the clot is located may feel abnormally warm to the touch.
We Can Help
You shouldn’t be held responsible for the fees associated with your treatment when your injury is due to someone else’s negligence. The Steinberg Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover compensation that can help pay for your medical bills. Contact us today to learn how.