It's no secret that motor vehicle accidents can wreak havoc on victims' lives, leaving them with serious injuries, buried under a mountain of unexpected medical debt, facing long and painful recovery periods, and wondering how they'll get to and from their place of employment or complete everyday errands—such as run to the grocery store or pick up a prescription from their local pharmacy—without a working vehicle. Many trucking accident victims may also experience emotional or psychological trauma after a serious motor vehicle accident, such as depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress syndrome. Fortunately, the victims of motor vehicle accidents do not have to shoulder these financial burdens on their own. California law allows truck accident victims, both passengers and the driver, to seek compensation for these and other damages from trucking accidents.
The knowledgeable and experienced legal team at The Office Of Steinberg Injury Lawyers has helped numerous clients in truck accident lawsuits and other personal injury cases receive the compensation they need and deserve since 1982, by providing exceptional representation that combines both compassion and integrity. When you need someone you can trust, our lawyers and attorneys are there to fight for you and your family to ensure that you receive a financial settlement that's fair and meets your needs. We'll work to get you the largest financial award possible—as quickly as possible—so that you can get the medical treatment needed to address your injuries, as well as the funds to repair or replace your damaged vehicle.
Our truck accident law firm has provided clients just like you with the caring and respectful service that they deserved—from five conveniently located law offices in the Los Angeles area (Riverside, Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Ventura, and San Bernardino). We can also arrange to meet you for a consultation in your home or at the hospital. You can expect skilled representation from an experienced attorney centered on the “Golden Rule,” where we treat you the way we would like to be treated if we were in your shoes. We won't leave you in the dark; we're always happy to answer your questions, address your concerns, and keep you up to date with all aspects of your truck accident case, so you can feel confident in our abilities and your decision to retain us as your legal counsel. Best of all, we don't charge you for our services until your case is resolved.
Truck Accidents Can Be Devastating for Los Angeles Drivers
While any motor vehicle wreck has the potential to be devastating, truck accidents tend to be particularly catastrophic, due to the size and weight of commercial big rig vehicles. When a large and heavy truck collides with a lighter weight passenger vehicle, there may be fatalities or the driver and passengers in the smaller vehicle can sustain serious and long-lasting injuries.
Personal injury and issues from truck accidents can include:
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries
Filing an insurance claim in truck accident cases also tends to be different, as victims of truck accidents will be dealing with the commercial carrier insurance adjusters for the driver. Working with a seasoned Los Angeles truck accident attorney can help ensure that you're treated fairly.
Our California Trial Lawyers Handle Truck Accident Cases of All Types
An accomplished Los Angeles truck accident lawyer handles cases involving all types of truck accidents, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone and side-impact accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- No Zone or blind spot accidents
- Uber, Lyft and other rideshare accidents
- Amazon truck accidents
- Self-driving vehicles and truck collisions
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents in Los Angeles
For survivors of truck accidents, it can be hard to imagine how something so devastating could happen to them. At Steinberg Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys have seen it all and have handled cases involving many of the most common causes of catastrophic truck accidents, including:
- Trucking company negligence – Such as failing to ensure that semi-truck drivers are properly qualified for the job, failing to conduct pre-employment background checks on commercial drivers, failing to ensure that drivers comply with federal hours-of-service requirements, or failing to screen drivers for drug and alcohol abuse. Trucking company negligence may also include failure to provide adequate training for its semi truck drivers or failure to suitably service its vehicles by skipping regular inspections, putting off needed maintenance, and failure to ensure that vehicles meet minimum federal safety standards. Heavy load truck accidents can be caused when trucks are too heavy or improperly loaded.
- Commercial trucking driver negligence – Such as loading the vehicle improperly, skipping vehicle inspections, or performing the inspections improperly. Truck drivers may also engage in dangerous behaviors, including distracted driving behaviors, such as texting, talking, eating, or using on-board equipment while driving; drowsy driving tuck accidents caused by hours-of-service violations, highway hypnosis, or general fatigue; speeding, or driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Mechanical defects and malfunctions – Such as defective brakes or tires.
Statute of Limitations for Los Angeles Truck Accident Cases and Injuries
When deciding whether to file a lawsuit in a truck accident case, injury victims are encouraged to move quickly, as California's statute of limitations limits the amount of time a plaintiff has to file a personal injury lawsuit. In trucking accident cases, the statute of limitations is two years, so victims who want to pursue compensation and have their day in court must file their lawsuit within two years of the date the accident occurred. However, if victims intend to seek compensation only for property damage, the statute of limitations extends to three years. Truck accident victims who wait too long to file a lawsuit may forfeit their right to pursue a legal remedy for their damages. At Steinberg Injury Lawyers, every member of our legal team has the knowledge and experience necessary to provide you with the representation you need and deserve. Call any of our five Los Angeles, California area law offices today, or contact our attorneys online, for no-cost, no-obligation, and confidential consultation to discuss your truck accident case. Our truck wreck attorneys and lawyers are here to help you get the compensation you need to move on.
Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney Firm
When it comes to hiring personal injury attorneys to represent you in a truck accident case, not just any attorney will do. You'll be pursuing financial compensation for damages—such as physical injuries or property damage sustained from truck accidents —and, when doing so, it literally pays to be choosy in regard to who you obtain as your legal counsel. A hasty decision can cost you valuable funds that you need to help get your life back on track. Because the Los Angeles truck accident attorney trial firm you choose can significantly affect the outcome of your truck accident case, you need an adept attorney office that you can trust.