A person suffering with traumatic brain injury in Santa Monicaoften experiences major problems with memory and concentration. He may forget simple things—like where he left his keys or when to take medications—and have problems concentrating and completing tasks. However, there are many assistive tools available to help a person cope with the problems that often make it difficult to do even simple day-to-day activities.
Seven Apps That Can Help Traumatic Brain Injury Victims
Many apps for cellphones can help victims of traumatic brain injury. They can assist with numerous things that others takes for granted, like reading, communicating, staying organized, and remembering important tasks and dates. Here are seven free or inexpensive smartphone apps:
- EverNote helps to remember everything, pulling information from all the devices a person uses. It allows a person to take notes, make to-do lists, take photos, and record voice reminders.
- Flashcard Deluxe allows a person to study any subject and has a built-in dictionary.
- ICE (In Case of Emergency) allows a person to store all information he would need in an emergency—like names of doctors, medications, medical conditions, and insurance—all in one place.
- Breathe2Relax is a portable stress management system that contains a diaphragmatic breathing exercise. Deep breathing can help reduce feelings of anger, anxiety, and stress and can help a person with mood swings—a common problem for traumatic brain injury victims.
- Cozi Family Organizer is a family organizer that includes a shared calendar, to-do lists, and family journal. It helps a family stay organized, know what needs to be done, and keep up with important dates.
- Quick Talk AAC helps a person who is unable to talk communicate quickly.
- SpeakWrite Recorder turns a cellphone into a fully functional dictation system.
These are just a few apps that could help a person with traumatic brain injury. Technology is constantly changing and new apps are being created to help people handle the changes that come with this serious injury. Living with traumatic brain injury can be very difficult, and it is important to utilize the assistive tools that exist to help cope with these challenges.
Have you or a family member suffered a traumatic brain injury? Our friendly and knowledgeable legal team is here to help you. Order our free book, 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES That Can Ruin Your California Injury Case, to start learning about your legal options.