One of the most common age groups to be injured in a Los Angeles slip and fall accident is children. Children are very active and often unaware of dangers that may be around them. Like most parents, you are on a constant look out for these dangers. But sometimes, the negligence of another will still cause a child to be injured in a slip and fall accident.
If your child has been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important to keep an eye on them for a possible brain injury. Studies have shown that slip and falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the United States. In fact, as many as 50 percent of all TBI cases among children under 14 years of age are caused by slip and falls.
As a parent, it is important to know the warning signs of a head injury after a Los Angeles slip and fall accident. You should seek medical attention immediately if your child shows the following symptoms:
- Vomiting – If your child vomits more than two times after hitting his head, medical attention should be sought.
- Pain – A sign of head trauma is pain in the head, neck, or back.
- Sleepiness – Watch for your child to become very sleepy or difficult to wake up.
- Can’t focus – Be weary if your child cannot focus his eyes normally.
- Difficulty walking – If your child is having a difficult time walking, or is stumbling or losing balance, they might be suffering from head trauma.
If you have been involved in a slip and fall accident you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an experienced Los Angeles slip and fall accident lawyer at Steinberg Injury Lawyers to discuss you legal options. Call 1-800-350-8888 today to schedule free case evaluation.