Even with modern technology and less physical activity, Americans are still walking a lot; it’s one of the most popular forms of exercise. In fact, the average American takes over 5,000 steps every day. A large amount of the walking done is done in public areas such as sidewalks and stores.
The negligence of a building owner or tenant can lead to a person being the victim of a Los Angeles slip and fall accident. Often times, walking through what should be a safe and accident-free area turns dangerous.
Slip and fall accidents are common in Los Angeles. There are approximately one million slip and fall injuries every year in the United States. More than 30,000 of these injuries are considered severe. Some of the common injuries associated with slip and fall accidents Los Angeles include:
- Broken bones – Falling on hard surfaces such as ice or tile can cause severe trauma to the body. Broken bones are often times the result of this.
- Head injuries – Slip and fall injuries in California are the cause for many head traumas. Falling on the head can cause an injury such as a concussion, a coma, or amnesia.
- Contusion – Also known as a bruise, a contusion is very common with slip and fall injuries. The impact of landing on a hard surface can cause the capillaries to break, causing a contusion.
- Cuts – Landing on sharp or pointy objects happens quite a bit during slip and fall accidents, causing cuts and scrapes. Bleeding can pose great danger if not properly treated.
- Death – Unfortunately, death is sometimes the outcome with slip and fall accidents. There are 20,000 deaths each year in the United States caused by slip and falls.
If you haves suffered from a slip and fall accident, it is important to discuss your legal options with an experienced Los Angeles slip and fall lawyer at Steinberg. Call 800-989-6385 today for a free case evaluation.