Rear-end collisions can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. With that in mind, drivers are particularly susceptible to rear-end accidents while on the highway. Here’s why:
- Vehicles on the same road with varying speeds
- Reckless speeding
- Heavy traffic caused by accidents, construction, or high volume
- Driver distractions
If another driver in a rear-end collision has injured you, it’s in your best interest to consult with a proven car accident lawyer in California as soon as possible.
At Steinberg Injury Lawyers, our attorneys are proven, experienced, and won’t stop until you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today. Continue reading to learn more about rear-end collisions on interstate highways.
Who's At Fault For Rear-End Collisions?
Some states impose an automatic liability on drivers who rear-end other vehicles. While the second driver is responsible for most of these accidents, that’s not always the case in California.
For example, suppose the front driver makes an unsafe lane change that results in a rear-end accident. In that case, they may be wholly or partly responsible for the crash. Generally, if you’ve been involved in a rear-end accident, it’s best to consult with a car accident lawyer about the viability of your case. That’s true whether you were the front or rear driver.
What To Do If You’re The Victim of a Rear-End Collision
If you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s recommended that you take the following steps as soon as possible:
- Seek Medical Attention - You should immediately seek professional medical attention even if you’re unsure of being injured. Sometimes, injuries go unrecognized until days later, which can complicate your personal injury case.
- Call The Police - Having a police report can strengthen your car accident. It’s best to get it at the scene. However, if the police were not called, you should file a police report as soon as possible after the accident.
- Gather Evidence - Take pictures and videos of the scene, road conditions, your injuries, and property damages. Further, keep your medical invoices and daily notes of your recovery process.
- Stay Away From Social Media - You’d be surprised about how much a social media picture, post, comment, etc., can affect the outcome of your personal injury case. With that in mind, our car accident lawyers recommend staying off of social media and not talking about your case with anyone other than your attorney.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer - Obtaining maximum compensation in California personal injury cases typically requires the experience and skill of a car accident attorney. Learn how our car accident lawyers can help below.
Contact The Best Car Accident Lawyers in California Today
Our car accident lawyers are aggressive, skilled, and prepared to go the extra mile for you and your family. You deserve maximum compensation if you’ve suffered significant injuries due to another driver's negligence.
Our car accident lawyers will help you receive the largest settlements in the fastest possible time. We’re confident in our ability to obtain a favorable outcome in your case, so you don’t pay us anything unless we win.
Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with California's best car accident lawyers.