A San Bernardino truck accident can leave you or a loved one seriously injured. In some cases, an accident with a big-rig can prove fatal. Understanding the common causes of truck accidents can help keep you safe from an accident with a semi.
Common truck accident causes
There are many factors that can lead to a truck accident. Some of the most common include:
- Mechanical failure: In many instances, a trucking company’s failure to maintain their trucks properly can result in a serious accident.
- Fatigue: Tired truckers can fall asleep at the wheel, putting you and your family in harm’s way.
- Impaired driving: Alcohol and driving never mix. The same applies to truckers.
- Lack of training: In an effort to increase their bottom-line, many trucking companies are quick to turn truckers loose behind the wheel without proper and adequate training.
- Overloading: An overloaded truck can cause havoc for a trucker, putting them at risk of losing control of their big-rig.
If you have been injured by a trucker
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you might be able to hold the trucker and their employer responsible for your damages.
To learn more about your accident case, order your free copy of our book, 7 Biggest Mistakes That Can Ruin Your California Injury Case.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact one of our experienced Santa Monica truck accident attorneys at Steinberg Injury Lawyers at 1-800-350-8888.