Southern California has great weather and sunshine nearly year-round. This also means we have lots of people on the road at the same time, locals and tourists alike. A recent report listed three California cities in the top ten worst cities in the country for driving. This probably comes as no surprise to Southern California residents.
In total, 17 California cities made the list with San Francisco claiming the second worst city for driving in the country, behind Detroit. Oakland was third worst and Los Angeles was ninth worst. Clearly, California contains a cluster of cities and that contributes to the excess number of vehicles on the road. According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, about 87% of trips that occur in the United States daily are taken in an automobile.
Cars and Safety
It is no secret there are lots of people on the road in Southern California. More people on the road can make for more dangerous conditions but it doesn’t have to be that way. Part of the effect of more people on the roadway will inevitably be more accidents. Due to the sheer number of people driving in Southern California, you are bound to find some people who are distracted, drowsy or aggressive while driving on Southern California roadways. However, these people may cause a danger on already crowded streets.
What do you do if you are in an accident on Southern California’s congested roads?
- If there are injuries, call 911
- Stay at the scene of the accident
- Even if there are no injuries, report the accident to the police and request a copy of the accident report
- Take pictures of everything with your phone or camera
- Exchange contact information with anyone involved in the accident and with any witnesses
- Call your insurance company but do not give a statement
- Do not accept blame for the accident by apologizing or agreeing that it was your fault
- Call Steinberg Injury Lawyers, experienced Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers
Contact Your Southern California Personal Injury Lawyers
The decision to hire an attorney to represent you in an auto accident is not an easy one. The lawyer you choose will have a significant impact on the outcome of your case. At Steinberg Injury Lawyers, our seasoned attorneys have extensive experience handling personal injury cases just like yours. Contact us today at 800-989-6385 for a free, no obligation evaluation of your case to see how we can help you heal and move forward.