Did you know that nearly 80% of all drivers get into at least one car accident in their lifetime? With that in mind, your chances of getting into an accident in traffic-heavy states like California might be even higher.
This article discusses crushing car accident statistics in California, including:
- The number of reported car accidents in CA every year
- Top reasons for car collisions
- When to call a car accident lawyer
If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries from the negligence of another driver, you are likely eligible to recover maximum compensation for any damages. Contact a proven car accident lawyer at Steinberg Injury Lawyers today.
Continue reading to learn more about California car accident statistics.
How Many Car Accidents Are Reported in California Every Year?
There are around 197,000 car accidents involving injuries (minor to serious) and deaths. However, that doesn’t account for the massive number of unreported car accidents. Listed below are a few accident statistics according to the most recent California Annual Report:
- There are 3 - 4 thousand traffic fatalities in California annually (about 10% of all car crash fatalities in the nation)
- Roughly 15,000 serious injuries occur due to traffic accidents
- The number of traffic accidents causing severe injury or death is on the rise
- 500 - 600 people die every year in car accidents due to not wearing a seatbelt
- Nearly 1,000 people die every year due to alcohol-induced car accidents
- There are more than 1,000 death annually due to car accidents involving speeding
You can’t always avoid a collision, even if you’re practicing defensive driving techniques. Contact an experienced car accident lawyer promptly If you’ve suffered significant injuries or damages from another person’s negligence.
Top Reasons For Car Accidents in CA
Unfortunately, you can’t always avoid a car accident. However, in most cases, they result from negligence by one or more drivers. The most common causes of car accidents in California include but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving (i.e., texting, eating, daydreaming, etc.)
- Drunk driving
- Inclement weather conditions
- Bad road conditions
- Reckless driving
By far, the leading cause of car accidents is distracted driving. That means that someone is to blame for the collision and subsequent injuries in most cases.
When to Contact a Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve suffered significant injuries in a car accident in Southern California, contact a car accident lawyer immediately after the collisions. Generally, you should consider working with a car accident attorney under the following circumstances:
- You suffered serious injuries as a result of an accident
- You suffered significant property damage
- A negligent driver caused the accident
- It’s unclear who is to blame for the collision
Our car accident lawyers at Steinberg Injury Lawyers have recovered millions in personal injury cases. We know how to spot a viable car accident case and recover maximum compensation for our clients. Contact us today at 1-800-989-6385 for your free case evaluation.