The negligence of the motorist is the most frequent factor in a bicycle accident. Drivers don’t always pay attention to the road, which can be deadly for bicyclists. By the time a driver notices a bicyclist it is too late.
Some of the most common types of bicycle collisions in Southern California include the following:
- Car turns directly in front of a bicyclist, cutting him or her off
- Driver fails to yield the right of way to the bicyclist
- Motorist runs a stop sign or traffic light
- Driver is inattentive and doesn’t see the bicyclist
- Motorist is driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Car enters the street and the driver doesn’t see the bicyclist or fails to yield
The injuries that can result from one of these types of bicycling accidents are serious. A bicycle accident can cause a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, road burn or bone fracture. It can also lead to permanent disability or death. When a cycling accident is the result of someone else’s negligence, compensation may be available.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident in Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, Ventura, San Bernardino or other area in California, you should contact an experienced Los Angeles accident attorney at Steinberg Injury Lawyers at (800) 989-6385 for legal advice. We have offices conveniently located throughout California.