When making the decision of choosing a lawyer to hire after an accident, it is a daunting task. A decision of this magnitude is one of the most important decisions most people will ever have to make. In southern California, or Los Angeles alone for that matter, there are thousands of qualified personal injury accident attorneys from which to choose.
Search on the internet and you can find out all about an attorneys education, experience and track record. But one of the most important things that most people do not consider is the personality of the lawyer. You will be working with your attorney for months or even years. You want to make sure that it is a good experience while obtaining the best resolution of your accident case.
Here is a list of some of the things to look for when consulting with your lawyer.
(These are 5 qualities that clients love most about our lawyers and our support staff)!
1. Sympathetic. When you’re injured or have lost a loved one in an accident, the last thing you need is a lawyer who is unsympathetic and uncaring. Sympathizing with the physical discomfort, financial distress, or emotional devastation you’re going through not only creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence, but it can also be an asset in your case. The more your lawyer understands your situation, the better he or she can guide you to make the best decisions for you.
2. Respectful. Your lawyer should always treat you with respect; a condescending or dismissive attitude is not acceptable. Although you may not be an expert in law, it’s your lawyer’s responsibility to counsel you on the laws that apply to your case; to advise you of your options under the law; and to recommend strategies that have the greatest likelihood of reaching your goals.
3. Attentive. Although your lawyer is probably juggling several cases at any given time, he or she should return your phone calls in a timely manner. When you have appointments with your lawyer, that time should be dedicated to answering your questions, updating you on the status of your claim and any other matter that applies to your case. If your lawyer is constantly attending to other matters while you’re talking, address it sooner rather than later.
4. Mindful. If you have special financial, time or personal considerations that may affect your case, be upfront with your attorney. Once those considerations are known, your lawyer should be mindful of them.
5. Patient. As busy as your lawyer is, it’s important to make sure that you understand everything that is going on with your case. That means having the patience to help you understand the legal system, and clarifying any matter that is confusing to you. This includes explaining legalese, or legal jargon, in a clear and understandable way.
It does not matter if you were injured in a car accident, truck accident or a slip and fall...whatever the accident, find a lawyer with the experience and the personal qualities you need.
Call us Now – Ask for intake attorney, Kelli Tabb and hire the most qualified personal injury accident law firm with the greatest personalities that will guide you and get you the best recovery.