Still, this produces as many questions as it does answers:
Does every head trauma result in TBI?No, everyone is different as is every Southern California accident. There are many factors that determine the body’s ability to react and cope with any injury. There is no set scale of severity of head injury that equates to a degree of traumatic brain injury.
How do people know if they are suffering from TBI?Always see a doctor if you have suffered a head injury. Onset of symptoms can range from right after the traumatic event to days or weeks later.
What are the symptoms of TBI?Traumatic brain injury can be mild with symptoms such as:
- Brief loss of consciousness (a few seconds to a few minutes)
- Feeling dazed, confused or disoriented
- Memory/concentration problems
- Headaches, dizziness, loss of balance
- Nausea or vomiting
- Blurred vision, ringing ears, bad taste in the mouth
- Sensitivity to light/sound
- Mood swings, feeling depressed or anxious
- Sleep problems (too tired, can’t sleep, sleep too much)
Traumatic brain injury can also be moderate to severe with many additional symptoms:
- Extended loss of consciousness (a few minutes to hours)
- Constant confusion and/or behavioral issues
- Slurred speech, numbness in extremities, loss of coordination
- Repeated vomiting/nausea, convulsions/seizures
- Severe headaches, inability to awaken from sleep
- Loss of bladder/bowel control
- Dilation of one or both pupils
- Clear fluids draining from nose/ears
Again, one’s health needs to be the primary concern, GET MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY if any of these symptoms are present.
If you or someone you know has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of others, you should contact an experienced Los Angeles brain injury attorney at Steinberg Injury Lawyers at 1-800-989-6385. We represent injured people and their families and we have the reputation and experience to win your case.
Be sure to order a FREE copy of our controversial book, 7 BIGGEST MISTAKES That Can Ruin Your California Injury Case.