We all know the risks associated with navigating the Southern California roads and freeways. A Los Angeles car accident can happen suddenly, leaving you with a lifetime of pain and suffering. Because of this, you should be prepared and know what to do in the event you are involved in a collision.
Below is a list of simple steps you can take if you are involved in an accident:
- Check to see if everyone is OK. Making sure there are no serious injuries should be everyone’s top priority. Call 911 right away, if you or someone needs immediate medical attention.
- Locate the other driver or drivers. Assuming the other driver does not flee the accident scene, you should identify that person immediately and exchange personal information. Ask for their name, phone number, address, driver’s license number, registration number, and insurance details. This information will help you and your car accident attorney build a solid and effective case.
- Look for witnesses. Witnesses are important. They can support your side of the story and prove to a jury that the other driver was responsible for your injuries. If you locate anyone who witnessed your accident, ask for his or her name, number, email, and address. Also, make sure they speak with any police who might be at the accident scene.
- Use your phone to take pictures. Visual evidence is oftentimes the strongest. If your phone is equipped with a camera, or you have a personal camera with you, take as many pictures as possible of the accident scene.
- Call your insurance company. You should report the accident to your insurance carrier right away, even if the accident was your fault.
- Talk to your own attorney. You can count on the fact that the other person’s insurance company will call you. Their goal is to get you to say something that will discredit your case. Remember, they don’t want to pay you anything for your injuries. That is why you should speak to your own car accident attorney before giving any statements or admitting fault to the other person’s insurance company.
We can help
At Steinberg Injury Lawyers, we are experienced in handling car accident injury cases. Our top priority is to ensure your rights are protected and that no one takes advantage of you. We will work hard to build your accident case and get you the compensation you and your family deserve following your injury.
Your free book
It all starts by going through our website and ordering your free copy of our book, 7 Biggest Mistakes That Can Ruin Your California Injury Case.
If you or someone you know was injured in a car accident, contact one of our experienced Los Angeles, California car accident attorneys at Steinberg Injury Lawyers at (800) 989-6385. We will evaluate your case for free.