The tires have stopped screeching and the broken glass has settled. You realize that you have just been in a California car accident. Since this event is most likely something you have never experienced before, you are at a loss of what to do. Below is a list of actions that you should take following an auto accident. These are things that will help your Southern California car accident case.
1. Call for help. If you are able to get to your phone, you need to call for help. The police will be able to come to the scene to take an accident report. When injuries are involved in the crash, you need to get an ambulance to the accident site immediately. It can be difficult to determine the seriousness of the injuries, so it is imperative to get evaluated by medical professionals.
2. Get as much information as possible. You need to get the name, address, telephone number, license number and insurance information from the other driver. Also, write down their license plate number. If there are any witnesses to the crash, get their names and numbers, which may come in handy later.
3. Take pictures. Most cell phones come with built in cameras. Pictures can be very helpful when filing an accident claim. Take as many photographs as you can of the cars and accident scene. Once the accident scene has been cleared, it will be impossible to get those pictures.
4. Seek medical attention. If you suspect that you have been injured, you need to get medical attention and follow through with your recommended treatment. Medical records are important when determining the damages involved in your car accident case.
5. Contact a Los Angeles car accident attorney. Any time serious injuries result from a car accident, you need to contact a Los Angeles car accident lawyer. An experienced injury lawyer will be able to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries and that you are not taken advantage of by the insurance company. Call Steinberg today at 1-800-350-8888 for a free case evaluation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.