Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) should be a concern of everyone. Head and brain injuries in California are common outcomes of accidents. In fact, in the United States there are over one million traumatic brain injuries every year. A TBI can be a result of many things, such as car accidents, slip and falls, bicycle accidents, or being assaulted.
No matter the cause of the TBI, one fact remains the same: a brain injury can be life threatening. Many TBI victims suffer from long-term complications. Many people who have suffered from head and brain injuries find it difficult to carry on with their day-to-day routines. The simplest things quickly become frustrations.
Because of its serious nature, it is important to know the signs of a TBI. Some of the common symptoms of a brain injury are:
- Vomiting – One of the common signs of a TBI is vomiting. If there is vomiting two to three times after hitting the head, medical attention should be immediately sought.
- Pain – As with many injuries, the sign of a possible TBI is pain. Many TBI sufferers experience pain in the head, neck, and/or back.
- Sleepiness – After a victim sustains head trauma they may feel extremely tired, and may also find it difficult to wake up once asleep.
- Difficulty focusing – Having a brain injury can make focusing on simple tasks difficult.
- Difficulty walking – A TBI can affect basic motor skills. If there is any difficulty walking after an accident it could be a sign of a brain injury.
If you think you may have suffered from a TBI after an accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an experienced Los Angeles head and brain injury lawyer at Steinberg Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation. Call 800-989-6385 today to discuss your legal options.