The average person takes approximately 5,200 steps each day. That equals about 2.5 miles per day. With so many steps being taken every day in Los Angeles, slip and fall accidents are bound to happen.
Slip-and-fall accidents are often the cause of serious injuries, which can lead to lifelong complications. In some instances, these types of accidents can result in death.
Some of the common injuries associated with California slip-and-fall accidents are:
- Broken bones – Falling on hard surfaces or falling from an elevation can cause severe trauma to the body. Often times falling will lead to broken bones.
- Head injuries – Falling on the head can cause injuries such as concussions, comas, or amnesia.
- Contusions – Contusions are also known as bruises. They are very common with slip and fall injuries. The impact of landing on a hard surface can cause the capillaries to break, resulting in a contusion.
- Cuts – Slipping and falling can result in landing on sharp or pointy objects. Landing on such objects can result in cuts and scrapes. Bleeding and infections can pose a great danger if not properly treated.
- Death – Unfortunately, death is sometimes the outcome of slip-and-fall accidents. In the United States there are over 20,000 deaths each year due to these accidents.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall due to the negligence of another, you may be able to hold them accountable for your damages. To discuss your legal options, contact an experienced Los Angeles slip-and-fall lawyer at Steinberg. Call 800-989-6385 today to set up a free consultation.