Los Angeles offers some great bicycle riding opportunities. It is a great way to save on gas, stay healthy, lose weight, and clear the mind. Unfortunately, cyclists must share the roadways with vehicles.
Obviously being involved in an accident with a vehicle can be very dangerous. Injuries sustained from this sort of accident can cause lifelong complications and even death.
Many bicycle riders do not know what to do after they are involved in a bicycle accident. After an accident a cyclists should:
- Wait for Police – It is important that the cyclist wait for the police arrive before leaving the scene. Once the police have arrived the cyclist will be able to file a report stating what took place.
- Document the Event – Documenting the accident will be important when talking to insurance adjusters and attorneys. Most likely a bicyclist will not have a pen and paper to document at the scene. Take mental notes of all the details and write them down as soon as possible.
- Document Any Injuries – After an accident, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Even if the victim does not notice any signs of immediate injuries, it is still a good idea to be checked out. Keep documentation of any doctor visits and other medical attention that was sought.
- Keep Evidence – Keep all evidence that pertains to the accident in the state it was in afterwards. Doing so will aid the victim during a lawsuit or claim.
- Contact an Attorney – After a bicycle accident with a passenger vehicle there will most likely be a claim or lawsuit. To get the compensation that is deserved, the victim should contact an experienced Los Angeles bicycle accident lawyer at Steinberg Injury Lawyers. Call 800-989-6385 to schedule a free case evaluation.